Correct IMBALANCES First
Welcome to Episode 133 of the Autism Parenting Secrets.
Dr. Robert Melillo is our guest this week and we focus on a very different way of looking at autism spectrum disorder.
In 2006, Dr. Melillo created Brain Balance Achievement Centers which has approximately 150 centers and has helped tens of thousands of families.
He is a prolific author and brain researcher and Dr. has written 5 best-selling books including “Disconnected Kids” which has been translated into 10 languages.
Dr. Melillo has multiple graduate degrees in Chiropractic, Neurology, Neuroscience and Clinical Rehabilitation Neuropsychology.
He has presented at numerous scientific and clinical conferences around the world and has taught his own post-graduate level course for over 20 years.
His decades of experience with tens of thousands of kids and adults has enabled him to create programs and methods that address a key core issue that prevents people from being all they can be.
If you want to learn game-changing insights from someone who has helped tens of thousands of kids on the spectrum for over 35 years, then you will want to hear this entire episode.
Dr. Melillo explains why he believes austim is not about brain injury.
The secret this week is…
Correct IMBALANCES First
- What Most Parents Don’t Understand (3:39)
- The Problem Is Not As Ominous As It Sounds (6:14)
- Why It’s NOT Brain Injury (8:55)
- The Importance of Better Understanding Left vs. Right Brain (13:53)
- The ONLY Way To Let Your Real Child Emerge (19:39)
- How Primitive Reflexes Hold Back The Brain (23:34)
- THE Core Root Issue (29:58)
- Two Ways To Address The Maturation Imbalance (34:18)
- How To Initiate Brain Development (37:06)
- Ways To Start Today (47:38)
- The Most Important Thing Parents Do That Sets Everyone Up For Success (50:13)
About Our Guest
Dr. Robert Melillo is one of the world’s most sought-after and respected experts in Developmental Functional Neurology, Brain Imbalances, hemispheric integration, and the correction of most neurobehavioral disorders and learning disabilities.
In 2006, he created Brain Balance Achievement Centers which has approximately 150 centers and has helped tens of thousands of families.
He is a prolific author and brain researcher and coauthored approximately 20 chapters in other texts on various subjects related to Dyslexia, Attention, Frontal Lobe Development, and approximately 50 peer-reviewed papers.
In addition, Dr. Melillo has also written 5 best-selling books including his best-known Disconnected Kids which has been translated into 10 languages.
He has presented at numerous scientific and clinical conferences around the world and has taught his own course in a postgraduate level for over 20 years as an Associate Professor of Developmental Disabilities at National University of Health Sciences.
Dr. Melillo has multiple graduate degrees in Chiropractic, Neurology, Neuroscience, and Clinical Rehabilitation Neuropsychology.
He has now created the Melillo Center for Developing Minds and sees patients in private practice all over the globe both adults and children.
References in This Episode:
- Disconnected Kids: The Groundbreaking Brain Balance Program for Children with Autism, ADHD, Dyslexia, and Other Neurological Disorders
- Reconnected Kids: Help Your Child Achieve Physical, Mental, and Emotional Balance
- Autism: The Scientific Truth About Preventing, Diagnosing, and Treating Autism Spectrum Disorders–and What Parents Can Do Now
- Take The Quiz: What’s YOUR Top Autism Parenting Blindspot?
- To learn more about Cass & Len, visit us at www.autismparentingsecrets.com
- Be sure to follow Cass & Len on Instagram
If you enjoyed this episode, share it with your friends.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on Apple Podcasts to get automatic episode updates for our “Autism Parenting Secrets!”
And, finally, please take a minute to leave us an honest review and rating on Apple Podcasts.
They really help us out when it comes to the ranking of the show and we read every single one of the reviews we get.
Thanks for listening!