Welcome to Episode 48 of the Autism Parenting Secrets.
This week, Len talks about the trap of feeling like you’re sacrificing for your child.
It was a trap he fell into and now he shares why it doesn’t help and how parents can avoid it.
It’s common and understandable.
So many things that parents value disappear soon after their child’s diagnosis. Leisure time, socializing with friends, hobbies, favorite foods, etc.
But while it may feel like loss, the reality is that the word sacrifice may not be the right term.
Just about everything parents do to support their child is done with the hope that it will improve their life or their child’s life.
And since there is some expectation of a future return – it’s really more of an investment.
And just replacing the word sacrifice with investment feels very different in the body.
It feels better.
Tune in now to learn more!
The secret this week is Make Investments, Not Sacrifices.
* It’s Not About Martyrdom (2:00)
* Why Andy Frisella is Right (3:22)
* There’s Always Something In It For You (5:05)
* Why Sacrifices Are Rare (6:40)
* The Heaviness Can Lift (9:05)
* Your Thoughts and Language Matter (12:00)
* The Future You Want Requires Investment (14:20)
References in This Episode
* Free Resource: 33 Mistakes Most Autism Parents Make and How To Avoid Them
* To learn more about Cass & Len’s All-In Warrior Parent Tribe, click here
* Got a Picky Eater? – this can help
* To learn more about Cass & Len, visit us at www.autismparentingsecrets.com
* Be sure to follow Cass & Len on Instagram
If you enjoyed this episode, share it with your friends.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on Apple Podcasts to get automatic episode updates for our “Autism Parenting Secrets!”
And, finally, please take a minute to leave us an honest review and rating on Apple Podcasts.
They really help us out when it comes to the ranking of the show and we read every single one of the reviews we get.
Thanks for listening!