Welcome to Episode 95 of the Autism Parenting Secrets.
This week, our guest is Dr. Pejman Katiraei (Dr. K.), a board-certified pediatrician trained in integrative and holistic medicine.
Dr. K. has an incredibly unique and useful perspective – he’s a physician with deep experience in osteopathy, functional medicine, functional endocrinology, medical herbalism, and more.
He completed his undergraduate at UCLA and then obtained his osteopathic medical degree at Western University of Health Sciences. He completed his pediatric residency at Loma Linda University, where he stayed on as Pediatric Chief Resident, and then as teaching faculty for over 4 years while he founded the Loma Linda University Wholistic Medicine Clinic.
Dr. K. is now in private practice in Santa Monica, where he focuses on helping children with severe behavioral challenges.
He has powerful perspectives to share and today we focus on the importance of addressing mold issues.
We all know it’s a problem, but it’s often ignored or deprioritized. And that can be a HUGE mistake.
The secret this week is…
MOLD Is A Bigger Threat Than You Think
- The Value of Stepping Away From The Autism Label (6:12)
- It’s All About The Bioforce (10:37)
- Why The EPA Is Concerned About Mold (14:54)
- Mold Toxicity Is An Even Bigger Issue for Kids on The Spectrum (17:41)
- Signs A Parent Must Look Out For (29:42)
- How To Tests For Mold Toxicity (40:03)
- How AI Technology Can Reveal Top Opportunities (52:46)
About Our Guest
Dr. Pejman Katiraei is a board-certified pediatrician who is also boarded and fellowship-trained in integrative and holistic medicine. He completed his undergraduate at UCLA and then obtained his osteopathic medical degree at Western University of Health Sciences. He then went on to complete a pediatric residency at Loma Linda University, where he stayed on as teaching faculty for over 4 years. Dr. Katiraei has also completed two fellowships in integrative medicine, one with the University of Arizona and another under Dr. Kamyar Hedayat in a French model of integrative medicine called Endobiogeny. Dr. Katiraei is now in private practice in Santa Monica, where he focuses on helping children with severe behavioral challenges. He is also working with an amazing team to build Wholistic Minds, an online portal that helps parents understand the root cause of their child’s behavioral issues and what steps they can take to help resolve it.
References in This Episode:
- Autism Parenting Secrets Episode 73 It’s Not Just One Thing with Beth Lambert
- CHIRP Study
- Great Plains OAT Test
- RealTime Labs
- International Society for Environmentally Acquired Illness (ISEAI) Patient Resources
- Free Resource: 33 Mistakes Most Autism Parents Make and How To Avoid Them
- To learn more about Cass & Len’s All-In Warrior Parent Tribe, click here
- Got a Picky Eater? – this can help
- To learn more about Cass & Len, visit us at www.autismparentingsecrets.com
- Be sure to follow Cass & Len on Instagram
If you enjoyed this episode, share it with your friends.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on Apple Podcasts to get automatic episode updates for our “Autism Parenting Secrets!”
And, finally, please take a minute to leave us an honest review and rating on Apple Podcasts.
They really help us out when it comes to the ranking of the show and we read every single one of the reviews we get.
Thanks for listening!