Welcome to Episode 154 of Autism Parenting Secrets.
This episode goes deep on a powerful and counterintuitive concept: The Practice of JOINING.
Our guest this week is Camila Titone, Senior Mentor & Trainer at the Option Institute where she teaches The Son-Rise Program® to parents, caregivers, and professionals.
Your child on the autism spectrum is likely exhibiting behaviors that you are NOT wanting.
Like many parents, our initial objective was to make all of our son’s ‘problem’ behaviors stop.
And while that makes sense for unsafe behaviors, many of the things our kids do may seem strange but actually serve a valuable purpose for them.
Listen to this episode to get a new perspective that could lead to the breakthrough you’re looking for.
The secret this week is …
Move WITH Your Child’s Behaviors, Not Against
- What Exactly Is “Joining”? (3:39)
- The Doorway Into Your Child’s World (7:57)
- The Basis Of All Relationships (17:46)
- A Key Question To Ask Yourself (22:41)
- The Best Time To Teach Your Child Anything (29:52)
- Why and How To Show Up Bigger With The Three “E”s (37:19)
About Our Guest:
For more than 19 years, Camila Titone has provided personalized guidance, practical educational insight, and emotional support using The Son-Rise Program® to empower parents and professionals to make the biggest impact in their children’s learning process and to see themselves as their child’s best resource and advocate. Originally from Brazil, Camila Titone came to The Autism Treatment Center of America® in 2004. She has spent thousands of hours working one-on-one with over 800 children and adults on the autism spectrum aged 2 to 32 from every inhabited continent. She has taught The Son-Rise Program® to parents, caregivers, and professionals in individual and large group settings. A respected lecturer, Camila has addressed audiences in person and online from all corners of the globe, tackling issues such as verbal communication, attention span, social skills, aggressive and intense behavior, toilet-training, sleep difficulties, and anxiety struggles.
References in The Episode:
- The Son-Rise Program Start-Up
- The Son-Rise Program Family Training Course
- Option Institute International Learning & Training Center Option.org
- The Autism Treatment Center of America autismtreatmentcenter.org
- Take The Quiz: What’s YOUR Top Autism Parenting Blindspot?
- To learn more about Cass & Len, visit us at www.autismparentingsecrets.com
- Be sure to follow Cass & Len on Instagram
If you enjoyed this episode, share it with your friends.