Children Want CONNECTION, Not Attention
Welcome to Episode 45 of the Autism Parenting Secrets.
This week, Cass and Len sat down with Dr. Lawrence Palevsky. He cares deeply and has extensive experience supporting children with neurodevelopmental differences.
Dr. Palevsky is a NYS licensed pediatrician, who utilizes a holistic approach to children’s wellness. He’s a diplomate of the American Board of Integrative Holistic Medicine, and Past–President of the American Holistic Medical Association.
In his current pediatric practice, Dr. Palevsky offers well-child examinations, consultations and educational programs to families and practitioners in the areas of preventive and holistic health; childhood development; lifestyle changes; nutrition for adults, infants and children; and safe, alternative treatments for common and difficult to treat acute and chronic pediatric and adult conditions.
He’s a pediatrician who advocates for the empowerment of the parent. He’s a courageous and caring thought leader and we’re so honored he’s with us today.
We cover several topics during this episode, but a recurring theme is the importance of HOW we interact with our kids. It’s super useful to clear on our intent.
Tune in now to learn why this matters so much more than you think!
The secret this week is Children Want CONNECTION, Not Attention.
* The Word Autism Doesn’t Cut It (2:12)
* Our Emotions Can’t Be Ignored (4:42)
* Why Children Need Us to Command, Not Demand (6:27)
* Connection Is Required (7:53)
* The 4 Disconnections of Autism (9:27)
* You’re The Guardrail (12:21)
* The KEY Question To Ask Yourself (14:03)
* Over-Therapizing Doesn’t Work (15:20)
* Greater Resilience Is Needed (17:38)
* Dealing With The Unknown Is Easier With Curiosity (23:44)
* The Hindbrain Must Be Calmed First (26:26)
* Beware Visual and Auditory Overstimulation (32:53)
* What’s Causing Picky Eaters (35:33)
* There Are Several Options to Improve Sleep (40:42)
* What Connection Sounds Like (41:41)
* The First Thing To Look At If Your Child Is Failure To Thrive (46:12)
* Why Integrated and Holistic Orthodontia Are Exploding (49:03)
* How Curiosity Is a Superpower (50:15)
About Our Guest
* To learn more about Dr. Palevsky, goto www.drpalevsky.com
* You can subscribe to his mailing list here.
CRITICALLY THINKING on ODYSEE: https://odysee.com/@CriticallyThinking:3
* ALF – Advanced Light Force dental appliance
* Free Resource: 33 Mistakes Most Autism Parents Make and How To Avoid Them
* To learn more about Cass & Len’s All-In Warrior Parent Tribe, click here
* Got a Picky Eater? – this can help
* To learn more about Cass & Len, visit us at www.autismparentingsecrets.com
* Be sure to follow Cass & Len on Instagram
If you enjoyed this episode, share it with your friends.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic episode updates for our “Autism Parenting Secrets!”
And, finally, please take a minute to leave us an honest review and rating on iTunes. They really help us out when it comes to the ranking of the show and we read every single one of the reviews we get.
Thanks for listening!