Welcome to Episode 135 of Autism Parenting Secrets.
This week, our guest is Shad Helmstetter, PhD. and we discuss a powerful yet simple way you can set yourself up for success.
He is the best-selling author of more than two dozen books in the field of personal growth including the classic “What to Say When You Talk To Yourself” and the more recent “The Power of Neuroplasticity”.
His books are published in over 70 countries worldwide.
“What to Say When You Talk To Yourself” is the #1 best-selling book written on the subject of self-talk and is one of the most important and helpful personal growth books ever written.
He has appeared on more than 1200 radio and television programs including Oprah Winfrey, and ABC, CBS, NBC, and CNN.
Before you can be the best parent you can be, you have to do something about the biggest thing working against you.
The secret this week is…
Erase & Replace Your Mental Programming
- The Essential Thing To Have In Place Before You Can Help Your Child (3:17)
- How Positive Thinking Physically Impacts The Brain (4:57)
- The Absolute KEY To Success (8:38)
- Why There is NO Window (12:04)
- The Early Warning System Of The Brain (13:32)
- How We’re Programmed For Success At Birth (16:51)
- How To Rewire Your Brain And How Long Does It Take (18:04)
- It Takes This Long To Rewire The Brain (20:57)
- The Cause Of A Victim Mentality (25:10)
- We’re Programmed For Success at Birth (27:28)
- A Powerful Visualization You Can Do Right Now (29:04)
- The Definition of Mental Programs (38:16)
- How Self-Esteem Is Misunderstood Yet Critically Important (47:36)
- Why It Really Is This Simple (49:40)
About Our Guest
Shad Helmstetter, Ph.D., is the author of more than twenty books in the field of positive self-talk and personal growth. His books include the classic self-talk best-seller, “What to Say When You Talk to Your Self” and “Negative Self-Talk & How to Change It. His books are published in more than 74 countries worldwide. Dr. Helmstetter has appeared on over 1200 radio and television programs, including repeat appearances on Oprah Winfrey, ABC, CBS, NBC, and CNN News.
References in The Episode:
- What To Say When You Talk To Yourself by Shad Helmstetter Ph.D
- The Power of Neuroplasticity by Shad Helmstetter Ph.D
- Purchase individual Self-Talk programs at the Self-Talk Store
- Access ALL Self-Talk programs with a Self-Talk+ subscription, free 30-day trial
- Take The Quiz: What’s YOUR Top Autism Parenting Blindspot?
- To learn more about Cass & Len, visit us at www.autismparentingsecrets.com
- Be sure to follow Cass & Len on Instagram
If you enjoyed this episode, share it with your friends.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on Apple Podcasts to get automatic episode updates for our “Autism Parenting Secrets!”
And, finally, please take a minute to leave us an honest review and rating on Apple Podcasts.
They really help us out when it comes to the ranking of the show and we read every single one of the reviews we get.
Thanks for listening!