Welcome to Episode 190 of Autism Parenting Secrets.
This week’s conversation centers on mold and its impact on health.
We’re joined by Brian Karr, a certified microbial investigator.
We discuss the importance of indoor air quality and the connection between mold and chronic health conditions.
Mold is a toxin that can harm anyone, but kids on the spectrum may be even more susceptible to harm.
Brian explains how mold can affect the respiratory and digestive systems and emphasizes the significance of the air we breathe.
He dispels myths about mold detection and highlights the need for thorough inspections to identify hidden mold.
Brian also provides insights on finding a qualified mold inspector and the goals of mold inspection.
The secret this week is…
Hidden Mold MUST Be Addressed
- The Importance of Indoor Air Quality (5:21)
- How Mold Can Wreak Havoc (10:14)
- How To Detect Hidden Mold (15:11)
- Challenges with Mold Inspection and Certification (23:03)
- The Two Goals of Mold Inspection (28:29)
- The Benefits of Dust Testing (35:51)
- How to Find a Qualified Mold Inspector (41:44)
- Why It’s Crirical To KNOW If There’s a Problem (49:09)
About Our Guest:
Brian Karr is a second-generation indoor environmental consultant who specializes in working with hypersensitive individuals with complex chronic medical conditions. He helps individuals and families understand if mold, mycotoxins, or other indoor pathogens exist in their homes that may be contributing to their health conditions and how to remedy those issues.
Brian has become a mold & biotoxin expert to many medical practitioners across the country and has helped over 5,000 hypersensitive individuals worldwide to create healthier living environments that have allowed their doctors to help them get better.
Brian is the Co-Founder of We Inspect, the host of #moldfinders: RADIO, and an expert at identifying indicators of mold growth. Including but not limited to strategic sampling, validating, and developing remedial strategies for mold growth and biotoxin production in all areas of a home or building, including walls, floors, ceilings, crawl spaces, basements, attics, and HVAC systems.
- Take The Quiz: What’s YOUR Top Autism Parenting Blindspot?
- To learn more about Cass & Len, visit us at www.autismparentingsecrets.com
- Be sure to follow Cass & Len on Instagram
If you enjoyed this episode, share it with your friends