Welcome to Episode 189 of Autism Parenting Secrets.
Our guest this week is Dr. James Neuenschwander (Dr. Neu), President of the Medical Academy of Pediatric Special Needs (MAPS).
MAPS is a group of professionals who offer a Comprehensive Education & Fellowship to Medical Professionals for the care of children with Autism Spectrum Disorders and related chronic complex conditions.
They empower practitioners with a learning platform that centers on an integrative/functional approach to the care of children.
MAPS helps practitioners understand the foundations of health: metabolism/mitochondrial function, immune function, the gut microbiome and function, neurology, nutrition/diet, and environmental toxicity.
MAPS provides these practitioners with practical tools to address issues with these systems.
MAPS is all about equipping the practitioner to better meet the needs of your unique child.
The secret this week is…
Choose Willing AND ABLE Practitioners
- The History of MAPS (4:15)
- What It Means To Be A MAPS Fellow (7:40)
- Why There Is No STANDARD Protocol (10:10)
- How To Gauge Whether Your Doctor Is A Fit (13:30)
- How To Help Your Doctor Expand Their Knowledge And Their Toolbox (18:00)
- A Big Mistake To Avoid (19:25)
- The Qualities To Look For In A Practitioner (23:25)
- A Pressing Need That Is NOT Being Met (32:45)
- A Big Word Of Caution (37:45)
- The Case For Gluten-Free and Why It’s NOT For Everyone (41:00)
- Why Autism Is A Moving Target (45:15)
About Our Guest:
James Neuenschwander, M.D., FMAPS, aka Dr. Neu, is a physician dually board certified in Emergency and Integrative medicine. He is a graduate of the University of Michigan with both a bachelor’s degree in cellular and molecular biology as well as a medical degree. For over 30 years, he has cared for chronically ill children and adults using the philosophy of “healing illness at its source.” Since 2007, he has incorporated the care of children on the autism spectrum to his practice. He continues to apply the latest science to the care of his patients. Dr. Neu is a member of multiple professional societies and is president of the Medical Academy of Pediatric Special Needs (MAPS), a group dedicated to integrative pediatrics, where he is responsible for the content of their conferences. He has spoken nationally and internationally on the topics of the bio-medical treatment of autism, the gut-brain-immune connection, identifying and managing mold and environmentally toxic patients, and the management of chronic immune activation syndromes like chronic Lyme, long COVID, and vaccine injuries. He also recognizes the importance of bodily autonomy and speaks out and testifies against mandated medical procedures.
References in The Episode:
- Bio Energy Medica Center
- MAPS SPRING CONFERENCE – March 14th – 16th, 2024
- Autism Parenting Secrets Episode 143 – Ensure Your Doctor Meets Your Child’s Needs with Honey Rinicella, Executive Director of MAPS
- Take The Quiz: What’s YOUR Top Autism Parenting Blindspot?
- To learn more about Cass & Len, visit us at www.autismparentingsecrets.com
- Be sure to follow Cass & Len on Instagram
If you enjoyed this episode, share it with your friends.