Welcome to Episode 170 of Autism Parenting Secrets.
Dr. Robert Melillo returns to the show to share his unique, holistic approach to treating patients with a broad spectrum of physical, neurologic, and brain-related developmental disorders.
The Melillo Method® is a clinical treatment model used to identify physical and neurologic/brain imbalances, with the foundational principle that all health starts with the brain.
With the goal of changing the body, brain, and nervous systems by understanding the core issues, the Melillo Method® works with many symptoms of mental, attention, behavioral, and learning disorders in patients of all ages.
Dr. Melillo is a prolific author and brain researcher, and he has written 5 best-selling books, including “Disconnected Kids”, which has been translated into 10 languages.
Our son, Ry, recently started The Melillo Method® program, and this episode provides a detailed look at how it works and what’s involved.
This episode will reveal useful insights into how you can help your child achieve better brain balance.
The secret this week is…
Horizontal AND Vertical BRAIN INTEGRATION
- Why Retained Primitive Reflexes Are In The Way (3:54)
- The Gap That Represents The Single Biggest Issue (6:10)
- A Huge Misconception To Avoid (7:30)
- What The Melillo Method Process Entails (16:10)
- The Two Types of Brain Integration And Why You Need Them Both (22:42)
- Why You Need Objective Measurements of Function (28:55)
- The Mistake You Never Want To Make (36:28)
- Useful Questions To Ask Potential Practitioners (42:20)
- How The Interactive Metronome Helps (45:37)
About Our Guest
Dr. Robert Melillo is one of the world’s most sought-after and respected experts in Developmental Functional Neurology, Brain Imbalances, hemispheric integration, and the correction of most neurobehavioral disorders and learning disabilities.
In 2006, he created Brain Balance Achievement Centers, which has approximately 150 centers and has helped tens of thousands of families.
He is a prolific author and brain researcher and coauthored approximately 20 chapters in other texts on various subjects related to Dyslexia, Attention, Frontal Lobe Development, and approximately 50 peer-reviewed papers.
In addition, Dr. Melillo has also written 5 best-selling books, including his best-known Disconnected Kids, which has been translated into 10 languages.
He has presented at numerous scientific and clinical conferences around the world and has taught his own course at a postgraduate level for over 20 years as an Associate Professor of Developmental Disabilities at the National University of Health Sciences.
Dr. Melillo has multiple graduate degrees in Chiropractic, Neurology, Neuroscience, and Clinical Rehabilitation Neuropsychology.
He has now created the Melillo Center for Developing Minds and sees patients in private practice all over the globe, both adults and children.
References in The Episode:
- Take The Quiz: What’s YOUR Top Autism Parenting Blindspot?
- To learn more about Cass & Len, visit us at www.autismparentingsecrets.com
- Be sure to follow Cass & Len on Instagram
If you enjoyed this episode, share it with your friends.