Welcome to Episode 164 of Autism Parenting Secrets.
This episode makes the case for the daily habit of meditation.
Our guest is Ariel Garten. the Co-Founder of Muse, a leading consumer neurotechnology and meditation company.
Ariel makes the case for developing a daily meditation practice.
It’s easier than you think, and the emotional, cognitive, and physical benefits are huge.
The positive impact from daily meditation, even just a few minutes a day, is rooted in neuroscience.
Don’t overlook this simple way to take control of the thoughts you have.
The benefits are cumulative and compound daily.
The secret this week is …
Mediation = More Ease & Less Stress For You
- The Skill That Meditation Helps You Develop (4:11)
- A Useful Definition of Meditation (7:01)
- How To Do The Most Basic Meditation (9:28)
- The Neuroscience Behind Why Meditation Works (14:53)
- The Many Benefits of Incorporating Meditation In Schools (19:05)
- The Difference Between The Mind and The Brain (21:25)
- How The MUSE Headband Makes Meditation Fun and Easy (29:03)
- Why You Are NOT Your Thoughts (37:52)
About Our Guest:
Ariel Garten is the Co-Founder of Muse, a leading consumer neurotechnology and meditation company.
With a background in neuroscience, psychotherapy, and art, Ariel is dedicated to bringing easy-to-use and accessible tools for well-being to the masses.
Ariel’s unique background has taken her from working in neuroscience research labs to owning a fashion design label to being the female founder and CEO of a Silicon Valley-backed brain-computer interface tech start-up, InteraXon, the technology that sparked the creation of Muse.
Muse, the brain-sensing headband, is an award-winning wearable technology that helps you meditate. It’s used by hundreds of thousands of people, including the Mayo Clinic and NASA, to track the brain and teach meditation.
Ariel is constantly invited to share her unique insights in keynotes around the world, speaking about happiness, meditation, how the brain works, empowering women in business, and so forth. She is also a host of the Untangle podcast, where she helps you understand how the brain works and how to use that knowledge to improve your life.
Ariel and Muse have had over 1000 media appearances on sites like CNN, Wall Street Journal, and Forbes.
References in The Episode:
- Take The Quiz: What’s YOUR Top Autism Parenting Blindspot?
- To learn more about Cass & Len, visit us at www.autismparentingsecrets.com
- Be sure to follow Cass & Len on Instagram
If you enjoyed this episode, share it with your friends.