Most Gluten-Free Is Full of Crap
Welcome to Episode 59 of the Autism Parenting Secrets.
In this episode, Cass and Len dive into food.
So many parents understand that food makes a difference. For themselves and especially for their child on the spectrum.
Eating clean is all about reducing inflammation – in the gut, body and brain.
Going “gluten-free” is often the first special diet people try. And it can make a huge difference for some people.
The good news is that there are so many gluten-free options today. In all stores and supermarkets, not just Whole Foods.
The bad news is that many of those products include lousy (even toxic) ingredients. So even though the product is gluten-free, that doesn’t mean it’s healthy.
The other ingredients matter!
The secret this week is… Most Gluten-Free Is Full of Crap
- Gluten’s Not The Only Issue (5:40)
- Why You Need To Be Wary of GMOs (10:25)
- Three Other Suspect Ingredients (12:52)
- The (Arguably) Worst Ingredient That’s Never On A Food Label (15:26)
- WTF is Carrageenan? (18:20)
- There Are Swaps for Everything (23:40)
- It’s All About Reading That Ingredient List (23:14)
References in This Episode
Food Rules by Michael Pollan
Environmental Working Group Food Scores
* Free Resource: 33 Mistakes Most Autism Parents Make and How To Avoid Them
* To learn more about Cass & Len’s All-In Warrior Parent Tribe, click here
* Got a Picky Eater? – this can help
* To learn more about Cass & Len, visit us at www.autismparentingsecrets.com
* Be sure to follow Cass & Len on Instagram
If you enjoyed this episode, share it with your friends.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on Apple Podcasts to get automatic episode updates for our “Autism Parenting Secrets!”
And, finally, please take a minute to leave us an honest review and rating on Apple Podcasts.
They really help us out when it comes to the ranking of the show and we read every single one of the reviews we get.
Thanks for listening!