Welcome to Episode 76 of Autism Parenting Secrets.
This episode focuses on the very important topic of self-care for the parent.
There are many ways that a parent can take care of their mind and body.
Diet, exercise, breathing exercises and mindfulness… just to name a few.
But nothing is more important than sleep.
Specifically, improving sleep quality must be a priority.
And there’s a strong argument that this must be your TOP priority.
Our guest this week is Tara Youngblood. She’s a scientist, physicist, sleep expert, Ted-X speaker, and CEO of Chilisleep.
Her mission is to Change the Way the World Sleeps.
And the exciting news is there’s so much a parent can do to improve their own sleep and the sleep their child gets.
The secret this week is… Simple Hacks = SLEEP SUPERPOWERS
- The 3 Pillars of Sleep (5:52)
- One Minute A Day Is All It Takes (10:16)
- The #1 Hack To Get To Sleep or Get Back To Sleep (11:40)
- The Secret Weapon for Deeper Sleep (22:38)
- There’s a SWITCH for Sleep (26:48)
- The Thing That Every Disease Is Tied To (30:16)
- Practical Ways To Measure Sleep (35:12)
- BALANCE Is The Goal (39:30)
- Temperature Matters More Than You Think (45:34)
About Our Guest
Tara Youngblood is the founder and CEO of ChiliSleep, a company that creates award winning technologies and apps that are changing the way the world sleeps. Their Chili Cool Mesh signature product has been used by Presidents, celebrities, and CEOs.
A leading sleep authority, Tara has given a TEDx talk on the recipe for effective sleep. In addition, she has spoken for: National Sleep Foundation, Charlotte Science Museum, Wellness conferences and Health Optimization Summit.
Tara is the sleep coach for the Cincinnati Reds and has consulted with the military and veteran groups. She’s been interviewed for her expertise by such popular media outlets as MSN, Fox, CNET, The Dr. Oz Show, Reader’s Digest and many others.
Tara’s own exploration with sleep started when she lost a child and began her ten-year healing journey. Already a trained scientist with a BS in Science and Physics, Tara studied traditional Chinese medicine, Ayurvedic practices, neuroscience and psychology.
Among other things she concluded that the link between sleep and mental health was essential. These insights form the basis of her work consulting with companies, keynote presentations, and technical innovations.
Tara founded and heads the Benjamin Youngblood foundation in honor of her son. The non-profit donates to various charities such as the YMCA in her community of Mooresville, North Carolina.
References in This Episode
For Yoga Nidra, check out sleep.me
The Oura Ring to Measure and Track Sleep
- Free Resource: 33 Mistakes Most Autism Parents Make and How To Avoid Them
- To learn more about Cass & Len’s All-In Warrior Parent Tribe, click here
- Got a Picky Eater? – this can help
- To learn more about Cass & Len, visit us at www.autismparentingsecrets.com
- Be sure to follow Cass & Len on Instagram
If you enjoyed this episode, share it with your friends.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on Apple Podcasts to get automatic episode updates for our “Autism Parenting Secrets!”
And, finally, please take a minute to leave us an honest review and rating on Apple Podcasts.
They really help us out when it comes to the ranking of the show and we read every single one of the reviews we get.
Thanks for listening!