Welcome to Episode 176 of Autism Parenting Secrets.
This week’s episode is all about reducing toxic exposure – focusing on one of the most prevalent and pervasive chemicals: Glyphosate.
We’re joined by Kelly Ryerson, who started the news site Glyphosate Facts, which explains the link between chemical agriculture and the explosion in chronic disease.
If your goal is to help your child thrive in this increasingly toxic environment, you HAVE to play defense.
All kids are negatively impacted by toxic exposures of all kinds.
But kids on the spectrum may be even more susceptible to harm.
Zero exposure is not possible, but you CAN minimize the impact on you and your family.
The secret this week is…
The Food Supply Is TOXIC
- The Very First Thing To Do To Minimize Toxins (4:21)
- Why Glyphosate Isn’t Just Another Chemical (15:12)
- How To Make More Mindful Choices (23:12)
- What Was Revealed In The Cancer Trials And The Parallels With Cigarettes (29:15)
- What Bees Can Teach Us About The Microbiome (36:35)
- Why The Farm Bill Matters More Than You Think (40:44)
- Common Foods That Are High In Glyphosate (44:12)
About Our Guest
Kelly Ryerson works at the intersection of agriculture and health. She regularly collaborates with farmers, scientists, policymakers, and media to address agrochemical damage to our soil and bodies. She also started the news site Glyphosate Facts, which explains the link between chemical agriculture and the explosion in chronic disease. Kelly has contributed to several documentaries and news publications, co-hosts the morning show on CHDtv, and is a frequent speaker on podcasts. She is an Ambassador for The Rodale Institute. She has a BA from Dartmouth College, an MBA from the Stanford Graduate School of Business, and completed training in integrative health coaching at Duke Integrative Medicine.
References in The Episode:
- Take The Quiz: What’s YOUR Top Autism Parenting Blindspot?
- To learn more about Cass & Len, visit us at www.autismparentingsecrets.com
- Be sure to follow Cass & Len on Instagram
If you enjoyed this episode, share it with your friends.