No matter how hard and overwhelming things get, it’s impossible to feel anxiety when you’re feeling grateful.
That’s why we’re sharing one of the most impactful conversations we’ve had.
This discussion with JB Handley originally aired in 2021 as Episode 38.
There are so many insights and takeaways.
If you’ve heard it before, listen again.
If it’s new to you, you’re in for a treat.
Simply put, your child understands more and is capable of more than you think.
Even if you can’t see it right now, you can be grateful for what you can see and for what you can’t.
The secret this week is…
Be Grateful For It All
Originally Aired as Episode 38 on 3/11/2021
This week, we are joined by J.B. Handley and J.B. shares his family’s, Autism Miracle. The secret he shares… Your Child Understands EVERYTHING.
J.B was afraid to hope. It was just too painful. His autism journey has been long and his son was 18 and a non-speaker.
But what seemed like a long shot and based on a friend’s dramatic change with their own son. J.B reached out to Elizabeth Vosseller of Growing Kids Therapy Center, and the rest of their story is truly amazing.
J.B.’s son Jamie learned how to communicate. He was finally able to express himself. He could communicate his home life, how he felt about various teachers, and his likes and dislikes. And now they are starting to plan for college.
These discoveries completely transformed the Handley family. With the new understanding that our children with Autism understand everything, J.B concluded that we’ve got Autism all wrong.
Through their story, J.B and Jamie hope to bring a renewed sense of hope and faith to those who might be feeling downtrodden by an Autism diagnosis.
Tune in to this week’s episode to hear the whole story!
- How his son communicates (04:21)
- Rekindled hope (12:18)
- Jamie could spell (17:08)
- The shock of his awareness (25:18)
- The courage of teachers who believed in Jamie (33:08)
- We’ve got Autism all wrong (35:38)
- Children with Autism understand everything (43:18)
- Our family has been transformed (50:33)
- The common traits of our children (52:48)
- To purchase a copy of J.B. Handley’s and Jamison Handley’s new book Underestimated: An Autism Miracle, click here.
- J.B. Handley’s Blog, click here.
- To learn more about Elizabeth Vosseller and Spelling To Communicate, click here.
- To learn more about Cass & Len, visit us at www.autismparentingsecrets.com
- Take The Quiz: What’s YOUR Top Autism Parenting Blindspot?
- Be sure to follow Cass & Len on Instagram
If you enjoyed this episode, share it with your friends.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on Apple Podcasts to get automatic episode updates for our “Autism Parenting Secrets!”
And, finally, please take a minute to leave us an honest review and rating on Apple Podcasts.
They really help us out when it comes to the ranking of the show and we read every single one of the reviews we get.
Thanks for listening!