Welcome to Episode 155 of Autism Parenting Secrets.
This episode explores the many ways having a service dog can help your child.
Our guest is Taylor Dyer from 4 Paws for Ability, an organization that enriches the lives of people with disabilities by placing life-changing service dogs.
Welcoming a service dog to your family can have a profound impact by creating a safer, calmer, and more joyful experience for your child.
But it’s an investment and not a quick fix.
Tune in to better understand this opportunity.
It could be one of the most impactful moves you can make.
The secret this week is …
Service Dogs Can Be LIFE-SAVING
- The Three Most Common Tasks A Service Dog Perfoms (4:59)
- How Service Dogs Help With Behaviors (5:16)
- What is Tethering (7:20)
- A Powerful, Potentially Life-Saving Task (10:10)
- How To Get Set Up For Success With A Service Dog (20:15)
- The Process of Getting A Service Dog (24:48)
- The Difference Between Service Dogs and Emotional Support Animals (32:56)
- How Service Dogs Help With Seizures (38:09)
About Our Guest:
Taylor Dyer is the Client Service Coordinator at 4 Paws for Ability, an organization that enriches the lives of people with disabilities by placing life-changing service dogs. They breed, raise, and train our service dogs in preparation to assist their partner with specific tasks and skills that mitigate the impacts of their partner’s disabilities.
References in The Episode:
- 4 Paws For Ability https://www.4pawsforability.org/
- Take The Quiz: What’s YOUR Top Autism Parenting Blindspot?
- To learn more about Cass & Len, visit us at www.autismparentingsecrets.com
- Be sure to follow Cass & Len on Instagram
If you enjoyed this episode, share it with your friends.