This week, we are joined by Beth Lambert, founder and executive director of Epidemic Answers, a non-profit organization whose vision is a world where parents and professionals are empowered with the knowledge, resources, and support essential to raising healthy and vibrant children in today’s world.
In this episode, we discuss the importance of looking back at the entirety of your child’s life (as far back as pre-conception) for clues or as Beth mentions bread crumbs that help bring awareness on what might be currently going on. By knowing the past you can make informed decisions for the present and the future.
We also cover why parents must adopt an “I got this” attitude and embrace forgiveness. Forgiveness is such an important process. This helps you move from being stuck to being powerful. Beth guides us through that process and illustrates how it opens the doors to be more observant as a parent and, as a result, helps us get to the root cause of whatever issue you’re facing.
- The power of looking back (03:40)
- Adopt an “I got this” attitude (07:50)
- How guilt and shame paralyzes us and how to prevent it (11:15)
- How to promote the concept of forgiveness (20:30)
- Why being observant is how you discover some of the root causes (27:20)
- The research project, Documenting Hope (29:00)
- Why anecdotal evidence needs to be combined with scientific research (36:10)
Brain Under Attack by Beth Lambert
Learn more about Documenting Hope here
Are You Running On All Cylinders? Get your FREE Warrior Parent Score
To learn more about Cass & Len, visit us at www.autismparentingsecrets.com
Be sure to follow us on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/warriorparentcoaching/
Check it out…Autism Parenting Secrets is number 12 on the Top 20 Autism Podcasts by Feedspot👉 https://blog.feedspot.com/autism_podcasts/