Welcome to Episode 113 of the Autism Parenting Secrets.
This week’s episode will change the way you look at autism. Dr. Zach Bush is our guest and he explains why we NEED Autism to experience our humanity fully and how parents can reframe their mindsets to best support their child with autism.
This discussion was previously released as two separate episodes: Episode 36 and Episode 37. Due to popular demand, this is an encore and now the entire discussion is shared in this episode.
The information Dr. Bush shares will empower you to look at your child and your journey differently. We discuss the invaluable role Autism needs to play in our society and what it’s here to teach us. Our children with Autism are put on this earth to help heal humanity as a whole, and as parents, we can be their greatest ally and guide. We are blessed Dr. Bush has been a mentor and a light in our autism journey. The wisdom and love he shares has transformed our journey to support our son, ourselves, and our family. We are so glad to be sharing this discussion with you. We hope that it will help shed light and hope for you as your support your child. Please make sure to share this episode with anyone you know who is touched by autism.
The secret this week is…
You’re MORE Than Enough, It’s A Calling
- Why we need Autism (8:16)
- The courage we hold is astounding (11:36)
- There is no human solution for your child (13:56)
- What children with Autism are here to do (16:46)
- How do parents reframe their mindset to that of an ally? (21:06)
- Something fascinating about Ry (25:46)
- The importance of experiencing our emotions (29:32)
- The need to come together as a community (32:46)
- How our family has found freedom (35:46)
- What to do when you’re craving answers (40:23)
- The human body is a complex machine (44:23)
- The autistic journey is incredibly unique (48:23)
- There’s no such thing as Autism (52:08)
- How our children pull us out of suffering (56:53)
- The part of Autism that needs to heal (1:02:03)
About Our Guest
Zach Bush MD is a physician specializing in internal medicine, endocrinology, and hospice care. He is an internationally recognized educator and thought leader on the microbiome as it relates to health, disease, and food systems. Dr. Zach founded *Seraphic Group and the nonprofit Farmer’s Footprint to develop root-cause solutions for human and ecological health. His passion for education reaches across many disciplines, including topics such as the role of soil and water ecosystems in human genomics, immunity, and gut/brain health. His education has highlighted the need for a radical departure from chemical farming and pharmacy, and his ongoing efforts are providing a path for consumers, farmers, and mega-industries to work together for a healthy future for people and the planet.
- Free Quiz: What’s Your Top Autism Parenting Blindspot?
- Got a Picky Eater? – this can help
- To learn more about Cass & Len, visit us at www.autismparentingsecrets.com
- Be sure to follow Cass & Len on Instagram
If you enjoyed this episode, share it with your friends.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on Apple Podcasts to get automatic episode updates for our “Autism Parenting Secrets!”
And, finally, please take a minute to leave us an honest review and rating on Apple Podcasts.
They really help us out when it comes to the ranking of the show and we read every single one of the reviews we get.
Thanks for listening!